Thursday, May 31, 2007


These streets
Mirror the maze in my head
Dart this way, dart that way
It's too dark it makes no sense
Can't go right can't go left stuck stuck stuck
Just sit
There are no solutions
Every which way I turn
Something else challenges me
Heart pounds
Clock ticks
Traffic and oppressive heat
Clock keeps ticking
Fifteen minutes till class starts
Still have to find parking
Heartbeat accelerates
As my head starts to pound
What am I doing this for??
I feel dizzy
I don't want to despair
I think
None of this is easy
My pessimism, cynicism
I'd like to call it realism
Taken to a new level
A rock and a very hard place.
Tick tick tick
There is no better way just go straight
My eyes hurt
Want to scream
JUST STAY STILL
But nothing ever will
Tick tick tick
Tick tick tick
Nothing will ever stay still
Heart beats and clock ticks
And there will be no peace
None of this is easy and
No-one said it would be

So
Sit
Through the noise and rush
Find centre of gravity
Don't try to fix
Stop your mind from running in circles
Because you've been there before
There will be no perfection no solution
But create refuge inside
A peace a place of
Courage renewal
Each breath is deep and
Maybe
I can

2 comments:

almost_frei said...

great poem... the idea that sometimes we need to stop running in circles and try to find a new way, is so simple yet so difficult at the same time!

the only way i know said...

(saw this on a blog - thought it would be appropriate here..)


i beg you...
to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart
and try to love the questions themselves
as if they were locked rooms
or books written in a foreign language.
don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now,
because you would not be able to live them.
and the point is,
to live everything. live the questions now.
perhaps then, some day far in the future,
you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer... ~ rainer maria milke